Executive PA / Operations Manager / Business Support Manager – Director Designate.
Full Time or 4-day week
Davidson Gray is an investment and support business set up by highly successful & proven recruitment business owner Rhys Jones. Rhys sold his interest in his own previous Executive Search business to focus on helping employed recruiters to set and grow their own businesses. Davidson Gray currently has 8 partner business in a variety of sectors all set for a fast growth curve. This rapid growth means Rhys now needs an experienced right-hand person to pick up some of the tasks of a current part time PA plus some of the tasks he currently undertakes. He is also looking for someone who can bring extra skills and ideas to the team and has a desire to learn and improve and professionally grow with the business.
The person we are looking for will be the go-to person for the partner businesses in addition to managing 1 in-house digital marketing person plus coordinating with sub contracted support including, accountants, book keeper, website developer, IT support, SEO specialist, and legal counsel.
You would provide key support to all businesses, as well as Rhys himself. The role will be varied and fast moving. Some parts of the job will be basic, some will involve up skilling in new areas and prove challenging. The role will evolve & develop as much as the incumbent wants it to be. The role has real potential to grow into an MD’s designate role with Rhys growing into more of a CEO position.
Some of the tasks include:
- Taking ownership for some of the day to day operations and processes in support of the partner business, examples included: –
- Populating terms of business templates for new businesses
- Employment contract populating for partner businesses new hires
- Dealing with issues with any suppliers, job boards, database co.’s etc
- Coordination of new and existing marketing initiatives for the partners. This won’t necessarily involve any hands-on digital marketing as an in-house marketing will handle most of this, however a genuine interest in how marketing helps grow the businesses will be needed.
- Looking into new ideas, offerings and the next differentiators to help grow the partner businesses
- Working with the partners to develop new internal processes for both themselves & how they operate with Davidson Gray
- Project management for new websites, any database migrations and projects involving new developments the partners business would require help with.
- Act as a sounding board for the partners businesses and Rhys.
- Dealing with initial enquires from recruiters wanting backing and existing business owners looking for Non-Exec help.
What we’re looking for
The key attributes to be successful within this role is simply described in 4 points:
- A real problem solver
- Proactive in approach
- Can handle and manage pressure well
- Trustworthy and someone who wants to be seen as the go to person within Davidson Gray
We take immense pride in what we do and want to help the businesses and business owners become the very best they can be. It’s important then that the successful applicant has the desire to be the best you can be and thrive in role that is challenging as well as extremely rewarding. You must be extremely organised, have exacting standards in everything you do and above all be enthusiastic and passionate about your job.
- Good IT skills including word and Excel
- Comfortable working on multiple tasks for different businesses
- Organisation, accuracy, attention to detail, methodical qualities, & process driven
- Comfortable taking ownership
- Ability to manage
- Have worked in the recruitment industry, preferably with some experience in an SME environment
- Marketing experience is preferable however a desire to learn all things marketing will be fine
- Preferably some PA, Project Management, People Management or Operations experience.
- Experience of working closely with a business owner or manager would be ideal.
- Excellent written form and a real interest in content writing / blogs would be fantastic but not essential.
Remuneration and location
The role will be based from Altrincham, with some flexibility for home working further down the line.
The role will pay between £25-40,000 plus incentives, private health and 22 days paid holiday.